AFF Scholarship News
NEW!!! The David Fritchley Family has requested donations remembering David. - March 31. 2023
March 31, 2023
NEW!!! The Frank and Catherine Hare Family Scholarship IS ESTABLISHED by Catherine and children Bruce, Keith, Carol, Nancy and Mark.
To Be Awarded 2024
A scholarship is endowed at $5000.
Families have requested AFF donations remembering and honoring loved ones.
This is the current list:
- Randy Allen was an Alexander graduate and father of two sons who were Alexander graduates. The family requested donations for the FFA Alexander Alumni Scholarship in memory of John Sewell, Adam Fitzgerald, and Nathan Coe. This is an endowed AFF scholarship.
- Bryron "Chip" Bolin was an Alexander graduate, father of an Alexander graduate, and son of Dwight and Mary Jo, two former Alexander employees. Friends and family continue to donate in his memory seeking to reach $5000.
- Jack A. Cornell was an Alexander English teacher. Friends and family continue to donate in his memory seeking to reach $5000.
- David Fritchley was the husband of Candy (Carol) Fritchley, an Alexander Elementary Teacher. Grandson Tyler graduated from Alexander and was a member of the Spartan Soccer Team.
- Dave Garrod was an Albany resident, father of two Alexander graduates, husband to Peggy, a former Alexander employee. Dave was also the first president of Alexander's Future Foundation. This is an endowed AFF scholarship.
- Dave Hamill was an Alexander graduate, son of John and Virginia who were Alexander employees, husband of Alexander graduate Teresa, and father to Tiffany and Kate, two Alexander graduates. Dave served as an Alexander basketball coach. Friends and family may donate in his memory to the Hamill Family Memorial Scholarship or the Gary Bartlett Memorial Scholarship. Gary was Dave's brother-in-law. These are endowed AFF scholarships.
- David Harner was an Albany graduate, father of two daughters who were Alexander graduates, and husband to Maxine, a former Alexander employee. Friends and family continue to donate in his memory seeking to reach $5000.
- Charles "Chuck" Edward Lee was a Shade community member, a well known and respected farmer and a member of the Hocking Valley Sportsman Assocation, the American Quarter Horse Association, and the American Angus Association. The family requested donations to the FFA Alexander Alumni Scholarship in memory of John Sewell, Adam Fitzgerald, and Nathan Coe. This is an endowed AFF scholarship.
- Uva McHarg was an Albany community member, the wife of AFF charter member Jim McHarg, and mother of Alexander graduates Kim and Jill. The Jim and Uva McHarg Memorial Scholarship is an endowed AFF scholarship.
- Patricia "Pat" Olbers was an Alexander Elementary teacher who also taught in Lancaster and Chauncey. She retired from Alexander Local Schools with over 30 years of service. Pat was a devoted Board of Trustee member of Alexander's Future Foundation.
- Darlene Smith was the mother of Albany residents Tammy (Bruce) Gillogly and William H. Smith, Junior (Cassie), in addition to Irene (Thomas) Wells of Fleming, Crystle (Harry) Pugh of Jackson, and Mark Smith of Torch. The family suggests donations to the Noah Gillogly Memorial Scholarship through AFF as Noah was her grandson. This is an endowed scholarship.
- Charles "Gene" Wood was the husband of Alexander English and Social Studies teacher Nancy G. Wood. Friends and family continue to donate in his memory and in honor of Nancy to establish the Charles "Gene" Wood Memorial and Nancy G. Wood Honorary Scholarship.
THANK YOU to those who have already donated!
Many thanks to all who continue to remember and support our families.