Alexander Local Schools
2020 Closure FAQs
Last Updated: 3/19/20
1. How do I get my child’s school work?
• Option 1 - School Pick-Up: On Mondays beginning March 23rd outside the cafeteria entrance. For both pick-ups, please enter from Meadowbrook Road and proceed to the cafeteria parking lot. Please exit by the carwash to the highway.
Jr. High and High from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Elementary from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
• Option 2 - Community Based Pick-Up: Packets will be available for pick-up at the same community-based locations as the food pick-up locations on Tuesdays from 9:00-11:00 am. Parents must contact the school to make arrangements for materials to be sent to those locations.
• Option 3 - Individual Home Delivery: Parents can contact the school office to arrange for home delivery if transportation limits their ability to obtain their child’s school work.
2. Can I have my child’s schoolwork emailed to me?
• Some teachers are willing and able to email school work. Please contact your child’s teacher to inquire about this if you are interested. This will vary from teacher to teacher.
3. How do we get access to the school-provided breakfast and lunch?
• Food will be available for pick-up from 9:00-11:00 am at community-based locations. The locations are Columbia Township Fire Department, Albany Baptist Church, Alexander Township Garage, Shade Community Center, New Marshfield Senior Center, Alexander School Cafeteria
4. Can we pick up the breakfast and lunch for multiple days at one time?
• As of right now, no you cannot. We will re-evaluate this in the weeks to come if needed.
5. Will the packets be graded and count toward a student’s grade?
• Yes, these packets will be graded by the student’s teacher in the same fashion as they would grade typical school work and will count for the student’s 4th nine weeks grade. The teacher will be updating the grades in Infinite Campus as the packets are returned.
6. What if my child does not do the packets?
• If a child does not complete the packets, this could negatively impact the child’s class grades for the 4th nine weeks. This could impact a student’s promotion to the following grade next year.
7. How do I contact my child’s teacher?
• Email: On the district website, you can find staff email addresses in the staff directory under the district info tab.
• Phone: Teacher’s are working remotely so they may not be in their classrooms at all times. You can leave a message and they will call you back. To do so, call the school at 740-698-8831 and either enter the teacher’s direct extension or have the office transfer you to the appropriate teacher.
• Infinite Campus: You can message your child’s teacher through Infinite Campus.
8. How do I contact the building offices?
• The building offices will be open Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 12:00. Please call 740-698-8831 and select the appropriate option as directed.
9. Can my child still access counseling services?
• Yes. The services being provided by outside agencies such as Hopewell and HRS will vary so please contact your child’s provider for further details. School counselors will be available for any students needing support. Our elementary school counselor is Ben Shultz. Our middle school counselor is Marideth Rock. Our high school counselor is Karrie Hanning. Please contact them as needed via phone or email.
10. How can I get support with any technology or accounts?
• Please contact our technology department at 740-698-4585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.